A simple examination of what we use and dispose of everyday can reduce our dependence on landfills. Simple adjustments to our daily routines will eventually result in energy and money saved and a cleaner environment. We will establish a tradition for future generations to share. Recycling is a quick and simple method of reducing the amount of solid waste we discard. By recycling we can save natural resources, energy and reduce the amount of garbage being buried in landfills. It's easy to recycle. Provide yourself with separate containers for each item you wish to recycle. Instead of throwing everything in one container destined for the landfill, you place your refuse in individual containers for recycling.
Recyclables should be clean and free of contamination. If you are unsure about the recyclability of an item, contact us.
- Clear Glass Bottles and Jars (remove lids and rinse)
- Newspaper - Inserts and Ads too
- Junk Mail - Envelopes too
- Plastic Bottles and jugs #1 and #2, must be bottle form, with a screw top
- Plastic #5 tubs, trays, cups, and bottles. Caps must be #5 also, no straws
- #6 Styrofoam - Cups, Trays, Egg Cartons & Packing Peanuts
- Cardboard (please flatten)
- Boxboard - Cereal Boxes & Kleenex Boxes
- Magazines and Catalogs (staples are okay)
- Mixed Office Paper - Colored, White, Computer Paper
- All types of metal (please rinse cans)
- Batteries - Rechargeable, home & car batteries only. Keep rechargeable batteries separate, tape all lithium, and button cell batteries.
- Electronics - Computer & Stereo Equipment, computer towers, tv's, microwaves, vcr/ dvd players ,etc. Fees for all TVs , laptops, and monitors
- Ink Jet Cartridges – no remanufactured cartridges
- LaserJet cartridges - no remanufactured cartridges
- Cell Phones
- Used Motor Oil (cannot be mixed with anything)
- Antifreeze (cannot be mixed with anything)
- Tires - there is a fee per tire (Limit 7 tires at a time)
- Rubber covered cords-(Extension cords)
- Vinyl siding - No wood or nails
For more information on materials click here.