Tuscola County Recycling Center
The Tuscola County Recycling Material Recovery Facility is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving our fragile ecosystem. The community of Tuscola County Michigan is improving the environment through active participation.
It's Up To You
A simple examination of what we use and dispose of everyday can reduce our dependence on landfills. Simple adjustments to our daily routines will eventually result in energy and money saved and a cleaner environment. We will establish a tradition for future generations to share.
Recycling is a quick and simple method of reducing the amount of solid waste we discard. By recycling we can save natural resources, energy and reduce the amount of garbage being buried in landfills.
It's easy to recycle. Provide yourself with separate containers for each item you wish to recycle. Instead of throwing everything in one container destined for the landfill, you place your refuse in individual containers for recycling.
Recycling Advisory Committee (RAC) Meeting Dates - View
COMMONLY RECYCLED ITEMS AT THE MRF
Recyclables should be clean and free of contamination. If you are unsure about the recyclability of an item, contact your local recycling coordinator.
- Clear Glass Bottles and Jars (remove lids and rinse)
- Newspaper - Inserts and Ads too
- Junk Mail - Envelopes too
- Plastic Bottles and jugs #1 and #2 (remove lids and rinse, must have screw lids IE: pop bottles)
- #6 Styrofoam - Cups, Trays, Egg Cartons & Packing Peanuts
- Cardboard (please flatten)
- Boxboard - Cereal Boxes & Kleenex Boxes
- Magazines and Catalogs (staples are okay)
- Mixed Office Paper - Colored, White, Computer Paper
- All types of metal (please rinse cans and remove labels)
- Batteries - Rechargable, home & car batteries only
- Electronics - Computer & Stereo Equipment, computer towers, tv's, microwaves, vcr/dvd players,etc. Proof of residency is required, NO out of County electronics.
- Ink Jet Cartridges
- Laserjet cartridges
- Cell Phones
- Used Motor Oil (cannot be mixed with anything)
- Antifreeze (cannot be mixed with anything)
- Clothing, Linens and Drapes
- Tires - there is a fee per tire (Limit 7 tires at a time)
- Rubber covered cords-(Extension cords)
- Vinyl siding - No wood or nails
- Plastic bags - No Trash/Water/Debris/ Must be clean
- Monthly Township Recycling Contacts
Stop on in and check us out! We are open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm and Wednesdays from 8:00am to 5:30pm. We do NOT close for lunch. Thanks and keep doing your part to make a difference